King Brick Games
Based in Boston, Massachusetts
April 29, 2022
Obscurant is a narrative-focused mimicry game in which you disguise as your enemies and mimic their behavior to blend in. You play as a curious robot exploring a mysterious world. Learn the origins of the Obscurance, and make friends in a dangerous world.
The beginnnings of Obscurant came from a college thesis project which explored the idea of mimicking enemies. This evolved into a pandemic passion project, which has since become the debut title for the new independent game studio King Brick Games. Over the course of two years, four friends have developed a game that reflects the confusion of our modern world while offering a hopeful view of the future.
- A variety of disguises that allow you to take on the appearance of your foes.
- Unique mimicry mechanics: copy enemy behavior to avoid suspicion.
- Player-generated notebook to record observations and secrets.
- Unique blend of pixel art backgrounds and high resolution characters.
- Original soundtrack featuring a combination of live instrumentation and electronic influences.
Obscurant Launch Trailer YouTube
Release Date Trailer YouTube
DISGUISE, DECEIVE, DISCOVER Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Obscurant's clever and effective take on mimicry is something I have never seen done before on any scale, let alone by such a small, new-to-game-dev team."
- Rebekah Valentine, IGN
Website / Dev Blog
Follow along at https://www.obscurantgame.com.
About King Brick Games
King Brick Games is a new independent game studio comprised of four founding members. We aim to make games that push the boundaries of gameplay and storytelling, and we seek to constantly challenge ourselves to create new experiences.
More information on King Brick Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Founder and Creative Director, King Brick Games
Audio Director and Programmer, King Brick Games
UI Designer and Programmer, King Brick Games
Art Director, King Brick Games